CSSD Technician (casual)
March 27, 2023
Love to work in a team of highly engaged professionals? Love two weeks off over Christmas time? Weekends off? This role is for you!
We are looking for a Casual CSSD Technician position required at a well-established and dedicated day surgery in Erina, specialising in Ophthalmic Surgery.
- TAFE Certificate in Health Service Assistance (Sterilisation Services) or working towards attaining this certificate, or ideally some experience or willingness to learn within the CSSD unit.
- Ability to work within a small high performance team
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Participation in quality and risk management
- Provides assistance with surgical set ups and CSSD duties
- Excellent time management in the sterilisation unit in a fast-paced turnover / environment
- Awareness of infection control and the AS4187 standards for sterilisation and manual handling
- Assist with stock control including ordering and putting away stores for CSSD and facility competed in agreement with the CSSD Supervisor or DON
- Ensure a safe work environment, including maintenance of infection control and manual handling requirements
- Willingness to up-skill the right candidates
- A modern custom-built specialist Hospital with state-of-the-art technology
- Staff celebrations throughout the year
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to Continuing Professional Development activities
- Working within a stable, high-performance team that consistently achieves high patient satisfaction feedback rating
- Close to Erina Shopping Centre and local eateries
- Monday- Friday work only, no weekend work and closed over December holiday period.
Central Coast Day Hospital (CCDH) is a purpose-built ophthalmic centre of excellence, specialising in all types of eye Surgery. Our Hospital provides customised, state-of-the-art ophthalmic facilities and instrumentation complimented by a team of well-trained clinical and administrative staff who share the vision of an ophthalmic surgical centre of excellence.
A current ‘Working with Children check’ is required for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer.
A health care worker must be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID 19 in order to work.
For more information, please contact Dianne Durrington on (02) 4367 3880 or DDurrington@ccdhospital.com.au
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for CSSD Technician (casual)
Please ensure that you include a cover letter and cv