Casual RN/EN for Specialist Day Hospital – Day Ward/Scrub Scout/Anaesthetics
January 23, 2023
Would you like to work for a company that specialises in delivering exceptional healthcare and building relationships? Join a supportive management team that focuses on development and quality improvement. Work hand in hand with surgeons and suppliers, building your career and professional network.
Multiple opportunities for a Casual Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse in Day Ward, Anaesthetic, Scrub and Scout at a busy, well-established and dedicated day surgery in Erina, specialising in Ophthalmic Surgery. Professional development opportunities are also available for the successful candidate to be trained to work in the Operating Theatre.
Multiple casual positions are available.
Central Coast Day Hospital is expanding to Tuggerah in 2023. This position will also be positioned in the brand new facility once opened.
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- RN or Enrolled Nurse (Division 2) with current Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia registration
- Demonstrated excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal with strong attention to detail
- Competent computer skills in a Windows based environment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to flexible work practices
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Experienced RN or EN providing safe and effective nursing care to patients in the day ward environment
- Displays a high level of clinical competency
- Maintains excellent communications and teamwork with the nursing and medical team
- Flexibility in rostering and availability as per the needs of the Facility
- Ensures the efficient and effective utilisation of human and material resources (perioperative instrumentation and equipment) to facilitate a high standard of care
- Actively contributes and participates in Quality Improvement activities
- Maintains a safe working environment in the operating room and day surgery
- Demonstrates a commitment to self-development and continuing professional development
- Willingness to train the right candidates in other areas of the Day Hospital
- A modern custom-built specialist Hospital with state-of-the-art technology
- Work with a large range of Ophthalmic surgeons in a nurturing, supportive learning environment
- Celebrations throughout the year with an emphasis on recognition of nursing milestones
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to Continuing Professional Development activities
- Working within a stable, high-performance team that consistently achieves high patient satisfaction feedback rating
- Close to Erina Shopping Centre and local eateries
- Monday- Friday work only, no weekend work and closed over December holiday period.
Central Coast Day Hospital (CCDH) is a purpose-built ophthalmic centre of excellence, specialising in all types of eye Surgery. Our Hospital provides customised, state-of-the-art ophthalmic facilities and instrumentation complimented by a team of well-trained clinical and administrative staff who share the vision of an ophthalmic surgical centre of excellence.
A current ‘Working with Children Check’ is required for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer.
A health care worker must be fully vaccinated with 3 doses for COVID 19 in order to work.
For more information, please contact Dianne Durrington on (02) 4367 3880 or DDurrington@ccdhospital.com.au
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Casual RN/EN for Specialist Day Hospital – Day Ward/Scrub Scout/Anaesthetics
Please ensure that you include a cover letter and cv